Buying Perth Property

Buying Perth property is an exciting time, generally one of the biggest money purchases made in a life time.  Call Oceania before you sign a contract our valuable knowledge can assist you with your purchase.

“Rachel O’Shea – When buying our house we found that Carol from Oceania Settlements made the whole process a lot smoother. The personalised service received from Carol was fantastic. Our settlement was not straight forward and she managed to make the whole process a lot easier. She was very professional and picked up immediately on small issues caused by the real estate agent and dealt with them directly. We would definitely recommend Oceania Settlements to anyone and will be using Carol again for any future property purchases. ”   

Choose Oceania Settlements with confidence, we take pride providing proactive and informative support when buying Perth property. 

Oceania offers competitive service fees for a comprehensive conveyancing service, we guarantee no hidden fees

Call now to enquire how much it will cost when you are buying Perth property  duty and registrations fees are based on how much you are paying for the property.  

Oceania’s service fee will be based on complexity of your transaction for example buying rental investment with rent to be adjusted, strata property with strata levies to be adjusted? 

Call Carol on  0408 391 961….  or email    

Do you have a question?

The two different types of ownership you share with your partner?

  1. Two people can jointly own property as Joint Tenants.  This means when one person dies the survivor becomes the sole owner.
  2. Each person has specified share in the property as Tenants in Common.  A written WILL is needed by each party to state who is to be the beneficiary of their share when they die.

You can ask the real estate agent to add to your contract?

  • All electrical, gas & plumbing to be in working order at settlement… gives you opportunity to complete final inspection to check
  • Termite Inspection…  for live termites or termite damage
  • Building Inspection… for any structural issues
  • Electrical Inspection..for any electrical or safety issues and complies with WA electrical Legislation
  • Vacant Possession….owner or tenant to vacate before you settle so you can move in the same day of settlement

 My Professional Tips

  1. Make an appointment with lender or finance broker as soon as possible for finance pre-approval.  This will place you in a stronger position when negotiating the purchase price.  
  2. Purchasing older property recommend an electrical inspection, ensure real estate adds condition to contract.
  3. If the property has a bore or pool recommend a professional inspect, ensure the real estate agent adds condition to contract.

To help us assess your situation, please advise: