Settlement Agent News updates

News update

Whats new and happening in property settlements in Western Australia

Landgate special interest reports. How much do you know about that property you want to buy? Can it be subdivided? Is it on a contaminated site? Is it Heritage Listed? Can you clear vegetation?

A Property Interest Report provides information on interests for a specific property that are not registered on the Certificate of Title, providing a bigger picture of what registered and unregistered interests affect a property.

A Property Interest Report contains:

  • Essential information on how over 50 property interests may impact your use of a property
  • Confirmation that a property is not affected by an interest
  • Over 25 other potential interests and where to get further information
  • A colour aerial photograph and relevant title details
  • Contact details of over 40 Government departments, for easy reference


Home Buyers Assistance Scheme – are you buying your first home? (posted 19 Nov 2013)

The WA government provides buyers up to $2000 towards fees incurred which is separate to the first home owner grant.  To be eligible you must be buying your first home,  property  under $400,000, live in the property for at least 12 months, buy through a licensed real estate agent, lodge application within 90 days of the contract being accepted by seller, take out a loan with an authorised lending institution.  Ask your real estate agent for the application.  Go to Home Buyers Assistance Guide