Selling Perth Property

Selling Perth property from 1 November 2011 Department of Consumer Affairs require all sellers

to complete identification before settlement with their settlement agent. To complete identification you need a current Australian Passport, Drivers License alternatively Birth and Marriage Certificate.  Married a couple of time, lost the certificates you can apply for replacement at Births Death and Marriages.

Discuss with your selling agent the following before you sign a contract can save you time and money:

 Do you have a patio, shed or other structure without council approval?

Local councils all over Perth are checking up more and more on unauthorised structures.   Whether it’s a simple patio, shed or multiple room extension, if you don’t have council approval the council can demand that you remove the unauthorised structure at your own expense.
Selling Perth property  it’s your responsibility to get building approval certificate for the structure first.
Tip & Advice – save time and money  advise the real estate agent, state in the contract the buyer accepts the structure does not have council approval.

Selling a property as your conveyancre we will complete the following actions on your behalf: 

  • Search the property title with Landgate
  • Provide a summary statement with first letter to seller
  • Supply a discharge authority form to save seller chasing from lender
  • Follow up outstanding conditions i.e. finance
  • Notify  Lender property sold, provide statement,confirm the settlement date
  • Arrange Transfer of Land to be signed by seller  prior to settlement
  • Prepare buyer’s statement adjusting any shire rates, water rates, land tax and strata levies attend outstanding amounts
  • Arrange for Lender to attend settlement at the buyer’s bank to hand over the title and discharge of mortgage document
  • Obtain payout figure from the Lender to repay the housing loan
  • Bank surplus funds after debt repaid to clients nominated bank account
  • Provide buyer’s settlement agent bank cheques directions
  • Notify seller settlement arranged
  • Attend settlement on behalf seller at the buyer’s bank in Perth
  • Collect surplus funds at settlement and bank, obtain receipt
  • Phone seller when settlement has been completed
  • Confirm settlement in writing provide final statement, GST invoice
  • Fax real estate agent to confirm property settled
  • Pay real estate agent balance commission
  • Hold funds at settlement to attend to any outstanding water consumption or rates
  • Reimburse seller any surplus funds after water consumption has been paid
  • and so much more!